Brenton on Sea is the perfect base from where you can explore the treasures of the Garden Route. This unspoilt destination is perfect for walking, sunbathing, swimming, fishing, jogging, cycling, canoeing and other activities:
Activities and Attractions:
- Brenton on Sea Beach Walk is an easy 4.54km (one away) stroll to Buffalo Bay and takes around 2 hours. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at Buffalo Bay overlooking the ocean.
- Come and enjoy some exciting rock and surf angling. Brenton boasts very popular angling spots, like Castle Rock, Jaapse Bay & The Blokke
- There are several caves to the east of Castle Rock that invite exploration.
- Fishermans walk is a romantic and scenic cliff top path where schools of dolphins and whales are often spotted.
- Paragliding is a popular pastime and tandems are available for those seeking adventure.
- Lake Brenton provides a jetty and slipway for boats and canoe.
- The Garden Route is known as the Golfing Mecca of South Africa. With no less than 12 golf courses, all within an hour drive.
The greater Knysna area offers a feast of excellent markets.
Other Garden Route Activities:
The Knysna Elephant Park, Forest Walks, Birds of Eden, Monkeyland, Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre, Living Local Community Experiences, Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours, Cycle Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Sailing, Whale and Dolphin Watching, Featherbed Nature Reserve and Lagoon Cruises. Kids Maze and play area at Plett Puzzle Park. Adventure Land supertube and quad bike ride Plettenberg Bay. Info available at the Brenton Office.